Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

I dreamed of writing a book.

                                                                                                                                                                  I dreamed of writing a book.  One day, I sat down at the computer and began to write.  It seemed as if the words and characters were waiting, knowing that someday I would put them on paper.  I have finished the book.  You see, I dreamed of writing a book, and did not put any thought as to what should happen next.  Friends and family have encouraged me have Chalk White Fear published. 

CHALK WHITE FEAR is approximately 70,895 words and 215 pages. It is a fictional suspense novel set in an area similar to Southern United States.

The key character of CHALK WHITE FEAR is a little girl called Sally.  The story opens with Sally trying to decide how to escape.  Should she flee her room where the snakes crawl all over the floor and walls, chancing the wrath of her abuser?  Should she crawl out her window and run past the dark, mysterious tree where she watches the bodies swing every night? 
Sally is a smart child who does not know or remember how she came to be in the old house with two front rooms.  She is terrified and level headed at the same time.  Sally has to face so many horrors that thinking fast has become second nature.  When thinking fast does not seem to be working anymore, Sally finds an incredible way to deal with the three powers that are trying to consume her.                                                                                         

I've always dreamed of writing this book.  The characters have been with me so long that it has been hard to write in past tense.  Many times, it has been as if I am sitting in the room with my characters and writing first hand. 
           
Sincerely,

Linda Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment